Certified Nurse Aide Program (CNA)
The program will train students to be competent in the skills necessary to perform as a nurse aide, as well as prepare students to sit for the New York State Nurse Aide exam to obtain a CNA license.
Students will learn how to present themselves in a professional manner, understand emotional needs of patients, patients rights, legal and ethical issues, HIPPA, infection control, universal precaution, safety, anatomical and physical changes during the aging process, etc..
The CNA program includes both lecture and laboratory practice sessions. Each student must achieve 125 hours which includes 30 hours of clinical externship in an approved nursing home.
The CNA program is taught and supervised by Registered Professional Nurses.
• CNA day program is for 6 weeks Monday to Thursday 9am to 3pm
• CNA evening program is for 8 weeks Monday to Thursday 6pm to 10pm
• CNA weekend program is for 11 weeks Saturday and Sunday 9am to 5pm
• To register you need a high school diploma or GED, ID, Social Security Card
• If you do not have a High School Diploma, please call at 347-435-0477 us to schedule a placement exam